VTAG

acheron.org discussion board: General Art Scene Threads: VTAG
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dieznyik (ppp15991.on.bellglobal.com - 206.172.142.71) on Monday, March 29, 1999 - 04:29 pm:

is this service appreciated? in about a month's time i should be able to double or triple the amount of artwork online, but only if i can keep the webspace and domain name. if anyone can contribute a couple of dollars towards VTAG and all my other sites i would really appreciate it.

im moving into my own place so cash is tight. i can pay for it myself but in general it means i have to make money doing something else, and hence, no update...

so if anyone can spend 5 bucks or some paltry amount, give me an email. dieznyik@hotmail.com.

also, anyone have any suggestions on the entire thing?

also, anyone have rare, unreleased, or otherwise not present art that they would like to see online? mail archives to me and i will get to it all sooner or later. im serious about this! RARE STUFF PLEASE! my collection sorta sucks.

also, if there is any single artist out there with a significant body of work [ie, u legends out there] and u want a gallery specifically for your work complete with bio, pics, links to your stuff elsewhere, and that sort of thing, i am doing that! so far me and konami are gonna have personal galleries. the only difference is our works get our own pages with specific explanations of our stuff and that sort of thing. put together something if u want to have an art gallery hooked to VTAG.

thanx.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse (px1.syd.aone.net.au - 203.12.178.133) on Monday, March 29, 1999 - 06:52 pm:

Hmm.. Yeah, someone give dieznyik some web space so he can put more stuff up, cause I think what he is doing for the scene is a damned good thing.. I'd give you some dude if I had any.. :(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By filth (ne4087.sunlink.net - 204.170.184.87) on Monday, March 29, 1999 - 08:21 pm:

i'll send 5 bucks :) i think it's worth it. vtag is an awesome part of the scene, and i'm you're doing it. i kicked around a buncha ideas in the past of making something like vtag (non internet-based) but i couldn't come up with anything good. vtag is perfect for what i had in mind.

as in that gallery thing i'd like to have something if it's cool. anyways i think i have your address actually, you were gonna send me something a while back. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Swammi ( - 208.8.212.52) on Monday, March 29, 1999 - 09:15 pm:

I'm gonna plunk $20.. and then I'll smile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Cthulu of Mistigris (cr618396-a.crdva1.bc.wave.home.com - 24.113.55.86) on Monday, March 29, 1999 - 11:15 pm:

I don't even draw ansi and I view it as a vital resource. Word!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dieznyik (ppp15943.on.bellglobal.com - 206.172.142.23) on Tuesday, March 30, 1999 - 03:14 am:

wow i wasnt exactly expecting this response =) thanks people... i just feel bad that its been 3 months since ive had a chance to update =(

well, mail me filth =)

no other suggestions tho?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By facade (n066h107.pwc.k12.nf.ca - 198.165.66.107) on Tuesday, March 30, 1999 - 09:40 am:

How about something that'll link from one piece of an artist to the next? (so that you dont have to keep 'back'-ing, and can view all of one artists work). ie, I click on aphex twin's first piece, and can go back and forth through all the rest of his pieces via links at the bottom..

And how bout a thing where people can submit their own art, to be updated on vtag some other time?

And if you're mega busy, ever think on getting someone to do it with you? Just so that it can be updated more and more? I like vtag as well, and i'm sure a few people would be willing to help out...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By atombym (dialup49-4-29.swipnet.se - 130.244.49.221) on Tuesday, March 30, 1999 - 10:17 am:

well.. personally i think vtag should remain cream de la cream aslong as eyem in it =) =) =)

heh.. well.. some info about some of the greatest artists whould be appreciated by me... I dont know shit about like 20% of the artist listed but their work kicks ass =) and maby a greatest group through the years listing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Cthulu of Mistigris (cr618396-a.crdva1.bc.wave.home.com - 24.113.55.86) on Tuesday, March 30, 1999 - 12:17 pm:

Add a link to the physical files as well as the jpg versions displayed. (Of course, this might constitute a source for rippers...)

also, by definition textmode art contains ascii in its scope too, so there's room for expansion 8)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dieznyik (ppp15999.on.bellglobal.com - 206.172.142.79) on Tuesday, March 30, 1999 - 04:32 pm:

facade; i used to have that in place but because i am constantly updating the content of each artist's bin, it would be a nightmare to work on. if i had scripts... sigh, but i dont.

submitting yer own art? well i am the crap filter for vtag =) no offense to anyone. but only stuff that i feel is really good goes on and i think thats a fair enough way to keep everything on vtag primo.

someone else? i dont know... perhaps... but it would be really boring stuff... and i dunno, id have to do my next update anyways.

bym, i would like to put up info as well, but i dont know anything about these people. just fragments of memories and such. if the artists or people that know the artits well can write bios iw ill put them up.

cthulu; i would like to do that but it is time consuming as well. i think i will start doing that with all the new stuff i put online but already there is like 500 pieces up and i dont have the originals anymore =(

now THATS something people can help me with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dieznyik (ppp15999.on.bellglobal.com - 206.172.142.79) on Tuesday, March 30, 1999 - 04:36 pm:

oh and ascii is going up. its just that i was going to do ansi first... it makes more sense to me and i have a better eye for what is good and what is bad. well, a more comfortable opinion at least =) with myself, that is.

ascii is just the second phase when ansi is done, with rare exception. some ascii i know for sure to be good... msd, konami, and such.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By misfit (s1216.seacove.net - 205.148.240.216) on Tuesday, March 30, 1999 - 05:23 pm:

okay, call me inactive, call me lazy, call me whatever you want, but please.. what is VTAG? it sounds cool, but what the hell is it? smooches,

misfit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse (px1.syd.aone.net.au - 203.12.178.133) on Wednesday, March 31, 1999 - 01:59 pm:

Facade, getting people to help on projects is not as easy as it sounds in the art scene - most of the dedicated people are elsewhere and even those that do help out usually lose interest or are just too busy..

Believe me, I see it all the time..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By god among lice (bootp-231-230.bootp.virginia.edu - 128.143.231.230) on Wednesday, March 31, 1999 - 02:36 pm:

VTAG = Virtual Textmode Art Gallery

http://www.atdt.nu/vtag/

Definitely one of the coolest scene sites to have been created. Hats off to diez.. hope you do continue with this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By misfit (s71.seacove.net - 206.162.105.71) on Wednesday, March 31, 1999 - 08:22 pm:

wow.. just checked out VTAG, and i have to say i'm really impressed. noot, (er sorry, dieznyik :) it looks great, much props to you. was surprised to even see one of my old toons in there. i'll definitely throw some dough your way if it'll keep the site up and running. and as far as individual galleries, yknow, i'd love one :). good job man, keep it up. take care,

james

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By facade (wiley224h027.roadrunner.nf.net - 205.251.224.27) on Wednesday, March 31, 1999 - 08:40 pm:

Danger/ heh, yeah, thats the sad truth. the sceners are lazy.. not that i'm any different, but hey. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dieznyik (ppp15939.on.bellglobal.com - 206.172.142.19) on Thursday, April 1, 1999 - 03:18 am:

is it working for anyone else? i have not been able to access vtag myself for a couple of days because atdt.nu has gone all wack [its expired]...

lemme put it this way... i make about a 1000 a month... rent is 450... food is another 200 maybe... plus i smoke a lot of crack. and at the start of may i am getting 5 wisdom teeth [yes, FIVE] pulled and its costing a thousand bucks.

how do i balance this budget =) argh!

anywayz im moving tonight so i will be gone for a few days. i was hoping to get cable in my new place but i think that is outright impossible. later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Cthulu of Mistigris (cr618396-a.crdva1.bc.wave.home.com - 24.113.55.86) on Thursday, April 1, 1999 - 07:12 pm:

Diez - we have cable going in here already and hope any day now to be able to start hosting stuff. Are you up to altruism? 8)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By maestro (yellow.javanet.com - 209.94.150.110) on Friday, April 2, 1999 - 03:26 am:

"how do i balance this budget =) argh!"

Diez,

umm.. well, for starters you could be responsible and save some money (and your body) and ditch the crack.. like.. DUH!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dieznyik (ppp16016.on.bellglobal.com - 206.172.142.96) on Saturday, April 3, 1999 - 11:51 am:

cth; not bad =)

maestro, u dont have a clue, do you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By maestro the clueless about crack kid (abitw.javanet.com - 209.94.128.4) on Monday, April 5, 1999 - 05:19 am:

diez,

about crack? nope. about balancing my budget? yup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By RaD Man (h1999.s86b1.baynetworks.com - 134.177.25.153) on Monday, April 5, 1999 - 11:29 am:

Long live VTAG!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: