Scenelink

acheron.org discussion board: General Art Scene Threads: Scenelink
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse on Wednesday, February 3, 1999 - 02:03 pm:

Okay, what's the deal with scenelink these days? They close down for god knows how long, and then announce that they will be reopening on the 1st of February -- that didn't happen.

When the site was open, it was a good source of info. I dunno what the hell is happening now, but it sure as hell isn't providing much info anymore. Come on guys, I for one don't wanna see scenelink go down the tubes (again)..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By thext (cr618396-a.crdva1.bc.wave.home.com - 24.113.55.86) on Tuesday, February 16, 1999 - 10:49 am:

All the scenes used to revolve around the warez people, because they were the ones courriering everything around. Now that we have the Internet, we need to have very minimal contact with that scene (ie, acquiring photoshop for those hirez guys), and thus the scenes are separated. If I want news about warez, I'll find a warez news site. But I don't want news from 36 different scenes. Especially when there is no filtering. And considering that there was very little news of broad interest on Scenelink, that takes off lot of its legitimity.

I mean, I would LOVE to have spare time for those scenes, but I don't. Soooooorryyyyy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse (px1.syd.aone.net.au - 203.12.178.133) on Tuesday, February 16, 1999 - 01:12 pm:

I see what you are saying, and I tend to agree with you. When sites become too broad, they do seem to become a little 'washy' with information. But I don't know, I think scenelink always wanted to present the broad spectrum of scene information. Even that said, there was still a sway towards the warez scene..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By pinguino (leper.org - 209.83.245.214) on Tuesday, February 16, 1999 - 08:53 pm:

i liked scenelink because it had snippets of info from each scene. I get busy and don't look carefully at other scenes; sites like scenelink help you get a feel for what's going on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse (px1.syd.aone.net.au - 203.12.178.133) on Tuesday, February 16, 1999 - 09:12 pm:

Yeah, its a pity they couldn't organise the fleas on a dog's ass.. :) That 'scenelink is coming' page has been up for ages..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By maestro ( - 209.94.128.4) on Wednesday, February 17, 1999 - 04:40 am:

Forget scenelink. What I would like to see is AssLink! A site with juicy tidbits about asses all over the world! I mean, can you really say you're in touch with the asses of the world?

I didn't think so. It's time we made a difference.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: