Emags and Productivity

acheron.org discussion board: ASCII Threads: Emags and Productivity
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Pariah (207-172-146-58.s58.tnt3.ann.va.dialup.rcn.com - 207.172.146.58) on Wednesday, March 10, 1999 - 11:17 am:

Do you think there is a relation between the overall productivity of the ascii scene and the number of emags devoted to covering it?

Personally, I noticed that when Tyrone was around individual ascii artists became more active and overall production increased dramatically. However, the fact that the ascii scene has reached several high points without the presence of any ascii emags cannot be overlooked; both Endow and s0ap brought ascii to new heights during periods when ascii emags were very rare, if not completely unheard of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse (slbne1p18.ozemail.com.au - 203.108.250.82) on Saturday, March 13, 1999 - 05:16 pm:

I can't really speak for the ascii scene in this regard, but I wouldn't mind hearing more about the actual mags that did serve the ascii scene. I really only know of Tyrone (funnily enough).

Actually, a topic like this might make a good article.. Up for the task dude? :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Black Jack (cgowave-41-83.cgocable.net - 24.226.41.83) on Sunday, March 21, 1999 - 10:01 am:

The scene is what people put into it. It's just rare chance that groups did well, or didn't. Honestly. You have to look at the scene 'leaders' at the time, the groups, the emags, communication (like this page for instance), etc. Emags are a great way to keep informed and active, but they're not absolutely needed..

(In my opinion) :)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: