Sadist

acheron.org discussion board: Review Comments: Sadist
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ralgoth on Wednesday, February 3, 1999 - 07:16 pm:

Okay.. I reviewed sadist, and i feel i personally gave it a very complimentary review.. however, the groups leader, Sephiroth, decided to write me a nasty e-mail and yell at me on irc...

He says that it was wrong and a blatant lie for me to say that his group was for newbies and a place for newbies to develop...

now, i do not know all of the member's bios, and in my 5 years in the scene i don't recognize the ansi artists from elsewhere.. he says some of them have been around for 2 years, that's all good and fine.. from my point of view, looking at the pack, it was a group at the level for new artists for them to develop..

Seph seems to feel i dealt the group some horrible insult, but that was not my intention ata ll.. i was praising them.. what do you all feel is write/wrong in this situation?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By BD on Wednesday, February 3, 1999 - 07:28 pm:

Well one you can't spell " right" right =) and Two you should show us the dirty email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ralgoth on Wednesday, February 3, 1999 - 07:37 pm:

From Sephiroth:
"hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i just read your review on sadist#3.
and i must say... what the fuck are you talking about ?!
i really fucking dislike you now man
whats this bullshit about us beeing on the scene for newbies who wants to move up ?!
and 'im sure they will move on to bigger groups when they improve'
i mean..ARHGG you dont get it do you?
keetar has been in all the groups he's ever wanted too..odelay,rmrs,mimic, everything.. ive been in all the groups i wanted to be in..damien dont want any other groups either..and dizzy.. he was in fuel..and fuck.. i mean..we arent some newbies. we dont want to move on to other groups. and imean..ey..what the fuck am i saying here.. what i really wanted to tell you was to go fuck your self.
//Sephiroth. "

there's the dirty email

note #1 i said they COULD move up if they wanted
note #2 keetar is ascii, i didn't review ascii

see my other post for other info

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, February 3, 1999 - 08:29 pm:

Oh boy, i feel bluedevil has bad diareah of the mouth. Don't comment unless you know what your talking about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By BD on Wednesday, February 3, 1999 - 10:10 pm:

By Anonymous on Wednesday, February 3, 1999 - 08:29 pm:
Oh boy, i feel bluedevil has bad diareah of the mouth. Don't comment unless you know what your talking about.

Hm What Great wit by a spineless poster =D
Anyhow ralgoth shouldnt get this kind of crap he's doing reviews he gave sadist a good review seph was way out of line

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Argon on Wednesday, February 3, 1999 - 10:41 pm:

ralgoth;

dont worry about what people say, just speak the honest truth and if anyone bitches about it, say:

"I stand by my review."

arg:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Cthulu signs his messages. on Wednesday, February 3, 1999 - 11:14 pm:

I never thought I'd see the day when BD was correcting someone else's spelling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By crayONOFF on Wednesday, February 3, 1999 - 11:27 pm:

I can see what sephiroth means, and he's not out of line.. why the hell should he take being called a newbie? Noone likes that, what if someone called you all newbies cause they hadn't heard of you before? As a swede, i've seen some of these guys around forever, they're no newbies and they deserve as much respect as any other group. Ophidiac was a group for newbies to develop in, Sadist is a small swedish group. There's a difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By BD on Wednesday, February 3, 1999 - 11:33 pm:

um if you didn't notice the memlist of scrollz cthulu, Ralgoth is one of my boys

I like to point out their mistakes :) I even told rogan the same thing once before.

Get over it
Crayon well you may have a point but you know they could be a die hard group in sweden and all and hell maybe they are real big over there but if they haven't release in a group that is international i could see where he is coming from. They should be happy they got reviewed and pretty good marks. Instead they are bitching about it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By maestro on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 04:06 am:

Saying that the group is a good place for newbies to develop is stupid and it's a stupid thing to say in a review. Saying that is just like saying "you're not as cool as us yet" and like crayon said, they deserve the same amount of respect as everyone else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ralgoth on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 06:06 am:

when i said it, i meant no disrespect in any way...i really didn't.. all i was saying was that thye are at a level taht is good for new artists, i don't see how that's so disrespectful.. there's no way for me to know they've been around for years

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By maestro on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 06:21 am:

I hear ya. I think you just made a bad choice in words.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By crayONOFF on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 07:13 am:

yeah ralgoth, REALLY.. you must see, it's degrading to be called a newbie, especially if you're not!

BD: so you're a newbie if you haven't been in international groups? that's stupid, so before the internet... everyone was a newbie? even if they had drawn for ages? And besides, talking IRC and such sadist is as big as any other group that isn't ICE or ACID...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By BD on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 08:39 am:

How the hell is ralgoth to know these people if they wish not to expose themselves ? Let's use logic for a change. It's like trying to explain to someone what a tv show is if they have never seen it before. Seph's comments were out of line they got a decent review, this kinda shit reviewers don't need. Get over it or they will stop reviewing its that damn simple. An Sadist is basically a *new* group. For them to be quite old as they claim to be they sure seem ignorant.
It's plain and simple they need to be happy they got a good review and stop acting like children
You don't see me bitching about the reviews on cia do you ?
Deal with it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By crayONOFF on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 08:49 am:

"How the hell is ralgoth to know these people if they wish not to expose themselves ?"

Hey BD.. they're a group which releases packs, how the hell are they going to expose themselves more?

and sadist is a new group yes, but that isn't what the argument is about BD.. read it all again and try to fucking figure it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By BD on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 09:00 am:

Hey BD.. they're a group which releases packs, how the hell are they going to expose themselves more?

Easy they join #ans and talk to people and say im in this group or I am in that group. I've only seen seph, and damien in there. The rest of the people aren't making a attempt to communicate with the rest of the scene but release their art.

And since they got such a good review they got nothing to bitch about

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Argon on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 09:16 am:

Well, the review _did_ unintentionally patronize the group, so I think ralgoth should take whatever heat he gets from sadist for the time being, perhaps apologize, and move on. Sometimes reviews come across as offensive to people, even if they get a good score.

Argon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ralgoth on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 09:33 am:

Yes... i just posted a public apology in news.. in the future i will review sadist, and other groups as though they are veteran artists unless i know 100% otherwise

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By mongi on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 09:34 am:

I recognize a lot of people in Sadist, and as Seph's mail said, a lot of them have been in more known groups. Anyway, let's just forget about this and move on. I know how it feels to be a reviewer =)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ralgoth on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 09:55 am:

yeah, let's move on.. i just don't want seph to hate me personally for one little statement in a review.. that's not what it's about.. reviewers should not be hated for there opinions stated in those reviews...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By maestro on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 10:26 am:

you have nothing to apologize for. it was just a bad choice of words but if they can't handle it tough titties for them. send them a pacifier and a bottle of warm milk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By BD on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 11:13 am:

heh
Maestro
You could have not said it any better
heh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ralgoth on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 11:15 am:

ohwell, already posted the apology.. so that is that...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 01:38 pm:

I'll put that apology on the review (at the end or something..)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 01:42 pm:

" Sadist looks to be doing a good job at what they are here for, providing a place for beginning artists to learn and improve. I'm sure we'll see some of these guys in larger groups in the future if they choose to move up.. "

Yep, bad choice of words alright :) I didn't spot that one when I first read it.. Yeah, I mean, reviewers are critics, and lets face it, not everyone agrees with the critics. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they get it wrong. I mean, they are human for christ sake.

Take the heat and beat the meat -- that's my advise :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Argon (sunny.moorpark.cc.ca.us - 207.157.142.2) on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 02:03 pm:

Don't you know the rules of criticism?

a) anything you say is pure bull in someones eyes, unless everyone agrees with it.
b) you will never say anything that everyone agrees with.

There are more, but I haven't discovered them yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By darkmage (adsl-151-201-20-52.bellatlantic.net - 151.201.20.52) on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 05:11 pm:

>"ohwell, already posted the apology.. so that is that... "

Apologize for what? having an opinion? Fuck that shit. You got a bad review? Well...fucking do better next time. Maybe the reviewer was right and your shit sucked. Maybe your shit kicked ass but the reviewer sucked. Fucking get over it and focus on producing some fucking art that is unquestionably bad ass, and you won't have to worry about this shit anymore.

And who the fuck are all these fucking pussy ass motherfuckers that keep posting anonymous? Are you that ashamed of what you have to say? Are you afraid that someone might fucking disagree with your timid, pathetic statements?

Fucking whiners and little bitches.

-darkmage[iCE]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By maestro (yellow.javanet.com - 209.94.150.110) on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 05:16 pm:

You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By darkmage (adsl-151-201-20-52.bellatlantic.net - 151.201.20.52) on Thursday, February 4, 1999 - 06:59 pm:

no :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By pseudointellectual (proxy1-external.crdva1.bc.home.com - 24.113.31.226) on Friday, February 5, 1999 - 03:32 pm:

you can't really call that kissing anymore...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By sephiroth (t4o28p26.telia.com - 195.198.148.194) on Friday, February 5, 1999 - 03:44 pm:

hm..this was fun lit to read.. err..darkmage/etc : i AINT complaining about the review..i thought we got real decent scores..three doodlers .. its just as maestro and crayon says. the choice of words and this newbie crap..
but hey, an apology is more than fine. un necessary but a nice deed=). so ralgoth,. sorry for screaming so much, that just got me kindof mad.
//seph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By seph_ (t4o28p26.telia.com - 195.198.148.194) on Friday, February 5, 1999 - 03:45 pm:

the review i mean, not the apology =)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Dizzy (t6o20p107.telia.com - 62.20.190.227) on Friday, February 5, 1999 - 04:01 pm:

Well yeah yeah i read this whole crap discussion, and well i must say i don't take it hard to be called a newbie, maybe that statement more was pointed to BEEBU who had many pics in the pack and maybe made a first impression but if you look at the rest of the pack is a litle bit higher standard anywas fuck that who cares.. just wanna say what i felt about it all.. no hard feelings realy.. i mean.. this so called "scene" who cares anyway ??
-Dizzy +sadist+

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By warpus (gateway-g1.londonlife.com - 204.101.39.130) on Tuesday, February 16, 1999 - 06:01 am:

just to add to this discussion...

the reviewers are by no means professionals. we did not go to college just so that we could review, these aren't our full-time jobs. yes, we can make mistakes, and yes, we can have different opinions than other people (and should). if you think that a mistake has been made, or disagree with a review, talk it over with the reviewer. i'm sure that most of us are very reasonable people.

what i'm trying to say is, i'm going to be reviewing this month, and if i get ANY hate-mail like the one that sepiroth sent to ralgoth, i'm going to ignore it and erase it. personally, i don't think that this thread should have ever been started.

the reviews that i've seen on here so far were very well done. give those guys a credit, willya?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By tee_are ( - 205.217.24.116) on Wednesday, February 24, 1999 - 12:29 pm:

I've always thought reviews were meant to someones opinion on the ART, not the group. but that could just be me. I say if sephiroth wants sadist to be a place for newbies to start out, its his choice to announce that, but ralgoth doesn't run sadist, thus:

ralgoth, give us your opinion of the art =)

tee_are
purg productions

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By minä (darth.nls.fi - 195.156.38.2) on Friday, February 26, 1999 - 02:59 am:

teeare,
of course it matters for reviews where you are releasing stuff. when you're releasing, you support the politics of the group/movement whatever it is.

what's wrong to be called as "newbie". if you aren't posting here, doodling on irc and haven't released before to "the big audience" =) you're considered as a newbie, especially if you aren't that "good". big deal. that's what scene is. if you doesnt want to be a newbie once, don't be in scene.

"Saying that the group is a good place for newbies to develop is stupid. Saying that is just like saying "you're not as cool as us yet" "

no, what's stupid is to read the reviews if they can get u pissed. YOU let them to fuck you up - it's YOUR problem =)
if the group seems to be that for reviewer, big deal. giving low points is also saying "you're not as cool as some of us."

and if you doesnt like free scene reviews you can always email the work to The Critique Shop. one work US$ 79, ten works $598 and so on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By tee_are (du10.cyberz.net - 207.227.166.10) on Sunday, February 28, 1999 - 01:51 am:

So, because the reviewer doesn't know the artist they are a newbie? Thats like this:

Say I get on irc one day, and I've been a long time IRCer. All of a sudden a MAJOR oldschool artist from like 92 or 93 comes on. He hasn't been on in years. I call him a newbie? Because I don't know him?

Ok, maybe thats a touch drastic. But imagine the possibilities.

Its late that was gay and now I must sleep.

My point is, review the art, don't categorize the group.

tee_are
purg productions

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: