Bzzz!home

acheron.org discussion board: Annoucements (PACKS, ETC): Bzzz!home
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By bzzz aka Sprocket /HRG on Thursday, January 28, 1999 - 12:11 am:

Okay, now that i've finally completed my homepage
i invite you to see the results.. i hope i've managed to make something of my own instead of just repeating and copying someone else's ideas..
And don't forget to write something bad with the
typewriter after finding it there..

To prove that it's not a commercial ad convincing you to visit my page (although it is :) i will do 10 hirez logos for the first 10 visitors.
What? You're asking if i'm any good? ;)

http://www.hrgforce.org/bzzz/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse on Thursday, January 28, 1999 - 12:13 am:

Just a note to say that ALL personal posts, ie. news posts submitted via the submission form which are directly related to just one person, will be placed in the discussion board.

All new posts which affect groups in some way, or are SCENE related will be placed on the front page.

Personal posts here, all others on the front page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Cthulu of Mistigris on Thursday, January 28, 1999 - 03:06 am:

I'd only put personal posts in here if they're going to lead to discussion. Announcements of webpages aren't likely to do so 8)

We don't need the ability to directly respond in a public forum to those kinds of announcements. The non-interactive frontpage format would work much better for this kind of thing, I'd think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By God among Lice on Thursday, January 28, 1999 - 11:49 am:

yea, but I'd think it's more work for dangermouse to have to post personal announcements all the time on the front page..

I've seen a lot of news web sites that start posting more personal kinds of announcements, and it really ruins stuff. It lessens the newsworthiness of everything else. And people CAN post reactions to web pages here, anyway.

And what the hell is the announcements section for, if not to post stuff like this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse on Thursday, January 28, 1999 - 03:34 pm:

Heh.. You hit the point there Lice. yeah, this decision partly comes from the need to streamline the news section into more newsworthy stuff -- but that of course isn't to say that personal posts aren't interesting enough for people to read.

I just want to get the front page to have a 'newspaper' feel to it, and hence reading more personal posts won't achieve this. In any case, most of the personal news posts that come through have nothing to do with the scene in most cases anyhow, so there won't be too much of a difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sprocket /HRG on Thursday, January 28, 1999 - 05:52 pm:

hey guys, stop shitting here, this thread is about my page! :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse on Thursday, January 28, 1999 - 07:17 pm:

But we like your place so much, we thought we'd stay a little while dude :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Cthulu of Mistigris on Friday, January 29, 1999 - 02:55 am:

I'd have one base for new pages and leave it at that. The way I can see this going, every time a page is updated a new topic will get created for that page, and that just seems a bit... excessive. In no time flat the vast majority of bases will be three-message-deep promotions of pages which are already outdated by the time you read the messages 8)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: