Acheron streamlined

acheron.org discussion board: Annoucements (PACKS, ETC): Acheron streamlined
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse (px1.syd.aone.net.au - 203.12.178.133) on Monday, February 8, 1999 - 01:38 pm:

You've probably all noticed (well.. you probably haven't, but anyway) that I have removed the art gallery and profiles sections for good. The main reason I did this was to put acheron on a more streamlined path.

I have also created a new submissions policy and redid the submission page a bit too to make it a little more user friendly.

Look for a more culled articles and interviews section in the future too -- are there any of these you guys think should be removed or atleast archived?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By maestro (yellow.javanet.com - 209.94.150.110) on Monday, February 8, 1999 - 06:52 pm:

so basically you're running low on space. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse (gw.qed.qld.gov.au - 203.104.2.5) on Monday, February 8, 1999 - 07:17 pm:

HOw did you guess? :)

Well no, that's not the whole thing tho. Acheron is getting pretty big and most of the articles and interviews (the later especially) are getting pretty old, so I thought I'd do a bit of a clean up.

And the profiles and art gallery were basically just taking up space.. Let's face it..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Cthulu of Mistigris (cr618396-a.crdva1.bc.wave.home.com - 24.113.55.86) on Tuesday, February 9, 1999 - 06:26 pm:

Stuff that's mostly text (profiles, articles) don't take up a lot of space, and they do give us a good sense of our history. I think it should remain in accessible archives if not available here 8)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse (px1.syd.aone.net.au - 203.12.178.133) on Wednesday, February 10, 1999 - 01:46 pm:

Yeah, I'm thinking a lot of the articles and shit can stay here, even in html form for all to view. The reason the profiles and shit went down is that pretty much no-one ever viewed them, so it was pretty pointless having them online.. As for the art -- well that's what VTAG and hirez.org are for :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse (px1.syd.aone.net.au - 203.12.178.133) on Wednesday, February 10, 1999 - 08:06 pm:

Ok, some more changes to the site..

I have added some new 'features' to the news/annoucements page. Preceding every items header, one of the following will appear:

NEWS: a proper, 'biggish' news item.. ie. Awe dying..

ANC: an announcement, ie. FOS needs writers..

RELEASE: a pack/group release..

It's just a category thing really..

I have also made a new links section which is running in cgi. It is much faster and also more easily updatable.. Please note that the personal links section will be placed online within a few more days.. The irc channels section will also be changed to this new format..

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: