Awe Lettering is dead. [02/09/99]

acheron.org discussion board: Annoucements (PACKS, ETC): Awe Lettering is dead. [02/09/99]
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By The Night Angel (ppp11105.qc.bellglobal.com - 206.172.146.58) on Tuesday, February 9, 1999 - 06:06 am:

I killed Awe today for various reasons. They're listed in a text file I just released. I'm gonna find a place to put it up so you can read it. For the moment, it's available from cronik's dcc on irc, and probably from other people that have downloaded it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By filth (svcr216-37-167ppp47.epix.net - 216.37.167.47) on Tuesday, February 9, 1999 - 12:34 pm:

really? for a 2nd time? :) why? :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dangermouse (px1.syd.aone.net.au - 203.12.178.133) on Tuesday, February 9, 1999 - 01:26 pm:

Tna, you can give it to me and I'll put it up on here if you like..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By The Night Angel (ppp11159.qc.bellglobal.com - 206.172.146.112) on Wednesday, February 10, 1999 - 05:41 am:

Read the text file, Filth. Council people weren't happy with the group or so I must beleive. During my three weeks break, they started fighting and four of them left the group. I was gonna fix this up and leave the council, because I wanted to have more time for myself, but they weren't really interested in fixing the group. Fluor and Mr. Wrong had been talking about starting another group, where my name wouldn't be associated with the group.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Quip (cap-025.capcollege.bc.ca - 134.87.38.89) on Wednesday, February 10, 1999 - 09:19 am:

TNA:

Awe was great, your art was great, but you MUST admit this: Your art did have a certain influence over that released in the group. There were certain trends among certain artists. They weren't bad trends either, but it's just the way it was. It's not something that should bother you.. you might even think of it as how you inspired others to draw.

Personally, I don't approve of your militance towards Fluor and Mr. Wrong and how they are going to start a new group. Awe has had a "shaky" past, and maybe now is just a good time to let it go (like you have).

Making petty comments about how it's "too bad that Fluor has nothing better to do than sit on the Internet all day" is just plain unnecessary. I can understand you being unhappy about killing Awe and all (hell, I killed Function, but I realize this is much different), but these things happen.

I hope you clear things up.. I like your art, and would definitely not mind seeing some more stuff out of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By warpus (gateway-g1.londonlife.com - 204.101.39.130) on Wednesday, February 10, 1999 - 12:06 pm:

all I gotta say about this is that i will miss the group for sure - i was a member, and would have probably re-joined sometime if i found the time.

it'd be great to see another font group, and tna - you should draw more pics :) which is something you could say about me as well.

and quip: *i* killed function.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By The Sinister Masked Cthulu (cr618396-a.crdva1.bc.wave.home.com - 24.113.55.86) on Thursday, February 11, 1999 - 03:21 am:

Little do you both know, _I_ killed Function.

Now join mist, fuckers, or the dog gets it next!

(no! not foo-foo!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By The Night Angel (ppp11196.qc.bellglobal.com - 206.172.146.149) on Thursday, February 11, 1999 - 07:19 am:

I'm not really mad about them. I talked with Mr. Wrong yesterday. I was really angry when I wrote that text file, I suppose you can understand. But I told him I'd support him and his group if he really starts one. This whole thing was more about Fluor. He was being a jerk on irc when we were talking about Awe. He's the originator of all problems that happened. Even though I try going over this, I just cant. :)

As for ansi, I'm still drawing. Mr4tune and I are working on a duo release thingy. As for pics, no way. I hate to draw pics!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Quip (spc-isp-van-uas-35-76.sprint.ca - 209.148.184.177) on Thursday, February 11, 1999 - 09:01 am:

"Quip, *I* killed Function" - Warpus

I think everybody played a role in the killing of Function.. except Cthulu. He just wants attention. =)

TNA:

Yes, I can understand that you had to take your anger out on something, and I suppose writing a textfile was an okay way to channel it. I hope you have fun with the new group and maybe it will live up to what Awe was doing before.

By the way, pics are SO fun to draw after you actually start getting good at them =) Logos require less detail, so they're, in a sense, easier to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Cthulu of Mistigris (cr618396-a.crdva1.bc.wave.home.com - 24.113.55.86) on Friday, February 12, 1999 - 01:04 am:

Quip - if I hadn't let you into mist after that fourth application, you would have gotten disheartened and left the scene for good! Thus, in a way, I am responsible for both the creation and destruction of Function, to say nothing of all the other groups which have been created by people inspired to leadership shortly after leaving mist 8)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By RaD Man (h1918.s86b1.baynetworks.com - 134.177.25.24) on Friday, February 12, 1999 - 11:57 am:

Everyone knows the butler did it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By BD ( - 198.64.44.36) on Friday, February 12, 1999 - 05:38 pm:

He Did not ! It was the maid#@$

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By atom (korea-146.ppp.hooked.net - 206.169.225.146) on Saturday, February 13, 1999 - 08:11 am:

no. it was colonel mustard, in the library, with the knife

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Quip (spc-isp-van-uas-42-63.sprint.ca - 209.148.187.114) on Sunday, February 14, 1999 - 10:02 pm:

Cthulu - that's TWO applications, by the way.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: